Kitchen & Living Room Extension Brighton
swipe through the project stages
- Refit a kitchen and living space extension [
10m width x 5m depth x 5m height] single storey.
- High quality laminate flooring
- Underfloor heating
- Painting & decorating including ceiling
- Water Pipe insulation
- New light switches, sockets and light fittings
- Kitchen fitted units fridge and oven
- UPVC sliding french doors & window
ASL Team Skills
- design and planning consulting
- demolition and removal
- flooring, insulation & underfloor heating
- electrical wiring, switches, sockets & lighting
- kitchen installation
- heating & hot water system
- carpet laying
This was actually a full refit of a unit near
Shoreham harbour for a customer who had a boat stored under the property unit. The location is about about 6 miles or 15 mins by car west of Brighton & Hove.
Our team of specialist tradesmen really comes into its own when working on many parts of the project simultaneously it not only compresses time but the project component fit together for a higher quality finish.
[blockquote]All the extensions we have built in Brighton differ. They are customised to the owners property architecture and client ideas/requirements/budget. Light is important [blockquote]
We were recommended to this client via a previous job. The initial contact with
Vicky & Dave consisted of a phone call, where we had a brief chat about location, rough size, house type and whether they had been granted planning permission.
Can submit a Project Application Outline Online
“we respond to enquiries by the end of the business day”
2 Meeting & measuring
We quickly measured up the space and took photos, we checked the roof [survey link] and inspected the patio.
We discussed the design of kitchen units, what the other space would be used for, we discussed main materials for the ceiling and floor and provided examples of previous work. Natural light is important and suggested to upgrade the UPVC sliding doors and the ceiling lighting.
3 Removal of old units & plumbing
- First job was to remove the current kitchen worktop and sink and the surrounding cupboards being careful to keep much of the copper piping and wall structure from being damaged.
- Everything was disposed of in accordance with council regulations and sent off to be recycled where possible.
- Plumbing central heating pipes were insulated
- The floorboards were taken up and insulation replaced
- The original flooring was coated in
xy product for reason z
- Plywood layer was fitted and sealed in sections
- Underfloor heating element added with electronic controls
- Heatflow thin underlay was added with low tog and good themal conduction
- Laminate flooring precision layed with strong border fixings for durability and spill / stain resistance.
- Carpet with underlay fitted in the living room area
- Experienced electrician fitted new sockets, wall lights, ceiling lights and switches
- Kitchen oven and induction hob cooker wiring
6 Wood ceiling & shelving
- Repaired the damaged wooden sections with ASL expert carpenter
- Sanded & painted
- Custom built shelving storage complete with powerpoint socket
- Super flat finish with ASL’s plastering
- Plastered walls and some ceiling sections neat and tidy without mess
- Kitchen units and worktop built
- Induction hob cooker fitted and tested
- Oven installed into the units
- Dual sink and drainage added
- As with every ASL building project, everything is tested and checked
- Date 10 February 2021
- Tags Extension, Flooring, Kitchen, Plastering, Underfloor Heating
- URL View Project